The HOT Apple iPhone 3G is a very exciting new smartphone. It is thinner than the orginal...and now has a 3G (High-Speed) internet connection. The user interface is truly wonderful when compared to the typical mobile smartphone. Look for a large number of new iPhone applications from the Apple iPhone Store (open in August 2008).
Some of the top features include :
* A large touch LCD screen
* 2.0 megapixel digital camera
* 8-16 GB of Storage
* Bluetooth 2.0
* GPS Technology
* WiFi that automatically connects to the network
* iPhone 3G delivers UMTS, HSDPA, GSM, WiFi, EDGE, GPS, and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR in one compact device — using only two antennas
* SD/MMC add-on memory
* Get push email, calendar, and contacts with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
* Talk and Browse. At the same time iTunes Player Software
* OS X with support for Widgets, Google Maps, and Safari, and iTunes
* Talk Time - Up to 5 hours on 3G & Up to 10 hours on 2G
* Standby time: Up to 300 hours
* Video playback: Up to 7 hours
* 16 hours in music mode
* AT&T requires a two-year contract in the US
Apple iPhone 3G with video and Map Management and GPS
Other Important iPhone Notes
* Make sure you have good AT&T Mobile Phone coverage at your home and office....because you will have to live with it for more 2-years
* The iPhone will not work with any other carrier. If you want to change vendors, you have to sell the iPhone after the two years.
* Apple will charge you an additional $114.95 to replace the iPhone battery ($79 Apple Service + $6.95 Shipping + $29 Loaner during repair)
* The iPhone SIM Card is locked to AT&T - You can not use local country SIM Cards when traveling. You will need to pay the high priced AT&T International Roaming Fees.
Apple iPhone 3G - July 2008
Apple iPhone 3G Cost Analysis
(assumes a new AT&T Customer)
Bottom-line: The purchase of a new Apple iPhone 3G is a $3,200+ major investment decision. Keep in mind the following cost information before purchasing the phone. The iPhone 3G equipment cost is $199-$299. Then you will be required to sign-up for a 2-year AT&T contract. If you assume a $100 per month service cost, you are looking at a $2,400 commitment when you sign-up. Also plan on spending at least another $300+ in matching accessories (i.e. a bluetooth headset, a nice case, office charger and an auto charger/adapter. Also plan on an additional Apple Service Cost of $114.95 to replace the battery in 2-3 years (You can't replace it yourself). Add everything up and you are looking at a $3,200+ purchase.Overall, the Apple iPhone is a terrific smartphone that has changed the entire industry.
Source : http://dhuwuh.blogspot.com/2008/08/mobile-phone.html